Logo Malouin assurance


Tenant insurance

It’s your home – protect it!

Whether you’re in school or working full-time, find the tenant insurance that’s right for you. We’ll carefully analyze your situation and find the coverage you need. We’ll make sure your apartment remains a cozy nest where you can go about your business with peace of mind.

Talk to your Malouin Assurance broker, who will be happy to analyze your situation with you.

Accueil | Home insurance | Tenant insurance


Fill out our form in less than a minute to get a quick quote. You can also contact one of our brokers!

1 888 625-6846

Basic coverage

Tenant insurance covers liability, theft, fire and vandalism.

Civil liability

To cover damages that could be caused to a third party in case of an incident on your property.

Theft, fire and vandalism

Get peace of mind with coverage against theft, fire, and vandalism.

Additional coverage

Different realities? Different options!

You know yourself better than anyone else and you know what will give you peace of mind.

Legal protection option

This additional protection is ideal for legal concerns.

Water damage option

To protect you in the event of damage caused by a broken water inlet or overflow, a leak or accidental sewer backup.

Relocation in case of disaster option

This additional coverage will allow you to purchase temporary housing.

General questions


I am a tenant: do I need insurance?

Tenant insurance is not mandatory, but it is definitely a good idea to get it. In the event of a loss, it can be very expensive to buy back furniture and possessions. But imagine if you are responsible for a fire that causes damage to the building where you live. You could be asked to pay for the damage, and the bill could be high. Shop carefully for insurance – for a small monthly fee, you can save yourself a lot of trouble.

What is the difference between tenant insurance and homeowners’ insurance?

The two insurances have many similarities. However, tenant insurance does not protect the building or its outbuildings. These are not the tenant’s responsibility. Tenant insurance will cover the tenant’s property and furnishings, and ideally should cover liability as well.

What factors affect tenant insurance rates?

There are several factors that come into play when it comes to calculating your insurance premium. Here are a few of them:

  • The value of the insured property;
  • Your claims history;
  • The area where you live;
  • The deductible: the deductible is the amount you have to pay in case of a claim. You determine this amount. The higher the deductible, the lower your premiums.

Are there any student discounts for tenant insurance?

If you are a student, check with your university for discounts. It’s worth looking into!


I am Arthur, your intelligent virtual assistant in property and casualty insurance.

I was named in honor of the founder of Malouin Assurance, Arthur Malouin. I hope I can serve you with the same level of care as Arthur did. You can ask me questions, request a quote or communicate directly with a broker (by phone or via chat).


We work with the best suppliers
Having a hard time finding your way around all the insurance companies? We are here to advise you and to find the best coverage for your needs, based on your reality. This is the role of a broker, and we take it seriously.

Simply excellent service!

Annabelle Perras

Professional and efficient brokers!

Michel Bédard

Quote request

We will answer you as soon as possible.

Fill out our form and our agents will be pleased to process your request to your complete satisfaction. They will then contact you as soon as possible!




1 888 625-6846

Malouin assurance blog

Discover tips on how make your daily life easier, and find answers to your questions.